Monday, October 8, 2012

a long week

This last week i was, pushed once, confronted twice (face-to-face) and disrespected and disobeyed uncountable times...AND I am well and good~Praises to the Giver...after the worst two day I prayed and prayed and God gave me heart-healing devotionals and Bible verses. The verses would come to mind one after the other just in a steady stream of reminders of how Great Our God Is (thanks to my mother who had us learn verses and AWANA!)

Reality is that I was at the end of my rope and just prayed, "Lord I have failed at this and I'm okay with failing" and God continues to break me down and remind me that in my weakness He is ever stronger. Also, through a devotional I was reminded that it isn't the processes and routines of life that are most important. Routines become excessively important when taking care of 13 (getting the kids to bed, getting everyone in uniforms and fed in the morning, keeping peace, making special things, having talks, doing night time devotions with the kids, cleaning the kitchen, making breakfast, etc) BUT, it is Jesus and the time I give to Him that is MOST important. I have been missing the mark. Thank the Lord that He is loving in His corrections. 

1 comment: